We all know by now that covering your child with sheets and blankets in bed poses as a SIDS risk. Due to this ‘sleep suits’ have become a great alternative as they do not pose any risk of suffocation and still keep your littlest love warm at night. There are many brands and styles of sleep suits on the market that differ in price and quality although in this review I will tell you why my son and I love our ‘ErgoPouch Sleep Suit Bag’.
Tog, a rating used to measure the thermal resistance of a material varies between the different ‘ErgoPouch Sleep Suit Bags’ on offer. This allows one to decide on a particular sleep suit that is suitable for the current seasonal weather conditions. These sleep suits come in 1.0, 2.5 and 3.5 thermal overall grade (tog). The 1.0 tog varieties have short sleeves while the 2.5 and 3.5 tog sleep suit bags have long sleeves. The different Togs allow these sleep suits to be used year round knowing that your baby will be warm in the winter and comfortable in the warmer months. Below I have included ErgoPouch’s guide on temperature, tog and added layers of clothing:
Sleep Suit Bags are designed to fit babies from two months up until 6 years of age. The size ranges include 2-12 months, 8-24 months, 12-36 months, 2-4 years, 3-6 years and 4-6 years. As you can see, each sleep suit you purchase will last your child a minimum of ten months worth of growth spurts which is important as many of us mothers cant afford to have to buy a new sleep suit every few months. Below I have included a size guide for you if you believe you will love the ErgoPouch Sleep Suit as much as I do:
- 2 – 12 months = length 80 cm
- 12 – 36 months = length 105 cm
- 2 – 4 years = length 105 cm
- 3 – 6 years = length 130 cm
- 4 – 6 years = length 130 cm
The Sleep Suit Bags are listed on the ErgoPouch website from $74.95 to $84.95 depending on the tog, although can be purchased from Amazon for as little as $56.00.
My Personal Review
I recommend the ErgoPouch Sleep Suit to all other mothers who have not yet purchased their little one a sleep suit. It will give you added peace of mind that while you sleep, your little one is asleep warm, comfortable and safe from the risk of SIDS.
ErgoPouch are continuously adding colors and designs to their already large collection of sleep suits although I purchased the 2.5 tog leopard design for my little man at the beginning of winter. It makes life easier when you can dress your baby in just a singlet, pyjamas and their sleep suit (2.5 tog) on most nights. When my son is nearing his bedtime, I simply put him into his ErgoPouch Sleep Suit in the single legged option which allows him to still crawl (as he is not yet walking) around. I love that this particular sleep suit allows him to still move and play because we all know how hard it is to ease a baby into their sleep suit without waking them. My son is ten months old so I purchased the 12 – 36 month size because he is a bigger baby and this allows him room to grow.. and saves me some extra money.
I have heard other mothers saying that they find it takes awhile to dry although if hung out in the morning I have found that it is always dry by bedtime. Furthermore there has also been negativity towards the cost of the ErgoPouch Sleep Suit. Honestly I believe that this product is reasonably priced for the quality and the fact that the sizing is bound to last any baby more than one winter. I love the option of hand mittens because previous to owning our ErgoPouch my sons hands would be freezing every single morning.
I cannot wait to buy my son a 1.0 Tog ErgoPouch Sleep Suit for the upcoming Summer months. Now the hardest part.. which color and style to choose!
Overall- practical, warm and safe!
Reasoning Behind Why We Love Our ErgoPouch Sleep Suit Bag
- Transitional option from a sleep suit to a sleep suit with individual legs (perfect for active babies and those that toss and turn in their sleep)
- Does not restrict babies arms like other sleep suits do
- Choice of Tog
- Breathable material
- Choice of a variety of patterns and colors great for boys and girls (we own the 2.5 Tog Cub design)
- Option of hand mittens that can be folded down from the long sleeves
- Outer layer made from organic cotton
- Soft cotton fleece sleeves that are gentle on your babies skin
- Stretch inserts on the sides to allow for growth and movement
- Grips on bottom of feet for walking prior to bedtime/on cold mornings
- Easy to change night nappies as it has a zip
- Washes perfectly
- Comes with an added room temperature thermometer
- Hidden zip so little hands cannot easily unzip
- Can be worn in a car seat or pram due to the convenience of the separate leg sleep suit mode
(To browse the following ErgoPouch Sleep Suits, click on the images below)
Leave a Reply